Friday, July 9, 2010

Happy Late B-Day America!!!

So this is my first entry in a long while...my bad. Well this fourth of July was pretty good; not quite what I had expected but still good.

To start things off, on Saturday night after dinner (really good dinner; hamburgers, tater tots, patriotic jell-o, etc.) while we were all cleaning up we started hearing loud booming sounds. At first I was really confused before I realized the sounds were fireworks going off. That really freaked me out because I am all about the fireworks as I'm sure many other people are on the fourth and I thought I had missed them. Story short is that we didn't miss the fireworks (thank goodness) and went to them on Sunday over by George Mason High school. The fireworks were really good, though we weren't actually in the parking lot of the school where its really close up but were over in a near by neighborhood watching them. The view wasn't bad but not as good as being in the parking lot.

After watching the fireworks we got home and had the patriotic jell-o that Kathryn had made. It was really good. It was strawberry jell-o with fresh blueberries in it with whip creme on top. When we were done having jell-o time mom and dad went upstairs and Fatima, Stephen, Kathryn, Ryan, and I all went outside and played with our own fireworks which mostly consisted of sparklers and a few other things in the backyard. Here on the some pictures from our backyard adventure.










No comments:

Post a Comment